When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); your opponent sends 1 card of that type from their Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn, during your next Standby Phase after this card in your possession was destroyed and sent to your Graveyard by an opponent's card effect: Special Summon this card from the Graveyard.
|How to Obtain?|
Card Pack: Crimson Kingdom
- This card can be searched by Chaos Zone.
- Vampire Lord is a very useful card, because it can be Special Summoned back to the field when it was destroyed by one of your opponent's card effects, such as Order to Charge, Eliminating the League, and Endymion, the Master Magician. Be wary, though, as it can be destroyed by monsters with higher ATK, and returned to your hand with cards like Hane-Hane or Gale Lizard.
- When using the effect of Vampire Lord, the safest bet is to get your opponent to discard Traps since they are the hardest to recover from the Graveyard. Monsters are almost never a good idea as many Decks are designed to make use of cards in the Graveyard
- This card can be used with cards like Forbidden Graveyard to negate the effect of cards that would activate on the Graveyard, then any card can be send from your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard with this monster effect and it won't be able to activate.
- Equip this card with Shooting Star Bow - Ceal to decrease its attack to 1000 but able to attack directly.
- Using this card alongside Fairy Meteor Crush will insure that, no matter the Battle Mode of an opponent's monster, the damage can still be deal and force them do send a card from their Deck to the Graveyard.
- Cards like Enemy Controller can force strong monsters into Defense Position, as oftentimes high-powered monsters have disproportionately low Defense, making them easier prey to this card.
- When destroyed by a Spell/Trap Card or a Monster Card's effect, the effect activates during the next Standby Phase and starts a chain.
- The effect does not activate when "Vampire Lord" is destroyed by battle.
- The effect only activates and starts a chain when the original owner controls it. It does not activate when the opponent controls it.
- If the effect of "Vampire Lord" which Special Summons itself is negated, the effect of "Vampire Lord" will not activate again during the following Standby Phase.