|Card Trader Expense|
Can be used when your Life Points are 1000 or below. Until the End Phase, reduce the Levels of all monsters in your hand by 3. This skill can be used on "Suijin", "Kazejin", and "Sanga of the Thunder," regardless of your remaining Life Points This skill can only be used once per Duel.
- Easy to pilot
- Relatively cheap to build
- Works for both LV30 and LV40
- Character exclusive skill and cards are used
- Like most decks, still vulnerable to dead draws
- Early Miyabi and Metalmorph can really mess you up
With Sanga of the Thunder/Kazejin/Suijin in hand, activate Three-Star Demotion and Normal summon them as Level 4 monsters.
Containing high ATK and strong effects, Super Joey has difficulty in dealing with these monsters.
Our main threats to these elemental gods are (found in LV40):
- Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi
- Kunai with Chain
Since Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi can only return one monster, aim to have two of the gods on the field at once. This way, we'll have at least one left to stall for us.
Kunai with Chain can either be destroyed by Storm during the last turn or triggered by attacking with your monsters. When Storm is activated, Super Joey is forced to reveal and activate Kunai with Chain.
Normal Summon at least two Sanga of the Thunder/Kazejin/Suijin on the field.
- You may choose to have three out. By having three out, you can deal with both Kunai with Chain and Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi. Make sure to free up one spot for Gravekeeper's Vassal before the final turn. You can do this by Tribute Summoning one of them, using two as tributes.
Attack and destroy Super Joey's monsters that are in Defense Position. We must avoid dealing Battle Damage to achieve the "Victory by Effect Damage Only" bonus.
- Do NOT attack directly with Sanga of the Thunder/Kazejin/Suijin
Do not set Secret Pass to the Treasures, Storm, or Union Attack to avoid it being destroyed by Stamping Destruction and Storm (if and when you need to activate it).
For Level 30, keep your LP above 1600. Super Joey has 2 Dragon's Gunfire that can inflict 800 damage each.
Super Joey equips Metalmorph to one of his monsteres and attacks one of yours (you must and should activate the gods' effect in response or you will lose it).
- Unfortunately, when this happens, you will lose out on the "Victory by Effect Damage only" bonus, since he will take Battle Damage.
Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi is activated during the final turn in response to Storm, returning one of our gods.
- We can still win the Duel, we will just score 1200 points less.
Final Turn Combo:
1) If Kunai with Chain has not been activated and Super Joey has Spell/Trap cards set, set at least one Spell card (not a combo piece) and activate Storm to destroy it.
2) Normal Summon Gravekeeper's Vassal.
3) Activate Secret Pass to the Treasures and your copies of Union Attack, choosing Gravekeeper's Vassal as the target. Gravekeeper's Vassal ATK should now be above 9,999.
4) Enter the Battle Phase and attack directly with Gravekeeper's Vassal.
Card Choice Explanation:
Magical Mallet: Alleviates dead draws by returning a number of cards and drawing the same amount from the Deck.
Shard of Greed: Draw power allows us to get the cards we need much faster and thin out our Deck.
Alternative to Gravekeeper's Vassal.
Apply the following adjustments when using this method:
-1 Gravekeeper's Vassal
-2 Union Attack
+1 Piranha Army
+2 Gift of the Martyr
You will not achieve the "Victory by Effect Damage only" bonus this way. Remember to activate Secret Pass to the Treasures first before Gift of the Martyr.
Credit to /u/blockchiken for suggesting this.
Alternative to Shard of Greed.
Alternative to the second copy of Union Attack.
Alternative to Storm.