|Card Trader Expense|
This turn, the ATK of all face-up monsters on your field increases by the number of monsters of Level 5 or higher on your field times 300. This skill can only be used once per turn.
- Constant aggression: Even if your beaters are destroyed, they are either
- Used as ammunition for future summons
- Revived through any number of ways
- An abundance of methods to summon:
- Tribute Gozuki for REZD
- Banish Wyvern from Graveyard, revive another Red-Eyes
- When Gozuki is destroyed, banish a REZD in the Graveyard to summon a REZD from your hand
- Red-Eyes Spirit: summon any Red-Eyes from the Graveyard
- Many ways to send necessary cards to the Graveyard:
- Gozuki's effect for REZD
- Being destroyed
- Incredibly expensive and hard to assemble
- Susceptible to Control-based monsters such as
- Yomi Ship
- Heavy Knight of the Flame
- Guardian Statue
- No Spell / Trap Removal - susceptible to Toons
- No direct answer to common countermeasures such as Mirror Wall
With each update came more and more support for the Red-Eyes Archetype. Those that faithfully farmed Super Joey have been rewarded with Crimson Kingdom and all the goodies it came with.
Red-Eyes Wyvern and Zombie dragon are welcome additions to the lineup, pushing cards like Red-Eyes Spirit from gimmicky to top tier. While REZD itself seems fairly gimmicky, it just so happens that Gozuki is an appropriate Zombie who also contributes the the Red-Eyes engine in his own way.
Forsaking Vanguard of the Dragon, this deck employs both Wyvern and Gozuki as standard frontline, with 1800 and 1700 ATK apiece, with Wyvern potentially hitting 2000 ATK under Peak Performance. Heavy Knight of the Flame is teched in to combat the plethora of Special Summoned monsters, such as other Red-Eyes, Phoenix, and more.
Overpower the Meta
What allows this deck to stand out is its constant aggression and overwhelming power. Red Eyes Zombies are able to output raw power on the level of Three-Star Demotion with the synergy and consistency of Gravekeepers. This is achieved through a network of discards, mills, and revivals.
The engine functions by first sending Red-Eyes cards to the Graveyard, then reviving them through any number of ways, allowing for easy summoning of 2400 ATK beaters. The kicker is that even if your opponent manages to muster enough resources to take down such powerful monsters, you can revive at the drop of a pin.
The ignition can be seen as Red-Eyes Insight, preparing a Red-Eyes in the Graveyard and adding Spirit to your hand in one seamless move. Gozuki also provides some fuel by prepping a REZD in the Graveyard.
Once prepped, we're able to summon as follows
- If Gozuki sent to the Graveyard, banish a dead REZD to summon a REZD from your hand
- Banish Wyvern from the Graveyard to revive a REZD, or another Wyvern
- Via Red-Eyes Spirit; no cost, no string attached. Revive any Red-Eyes from the Graveyard
This deck is able to completely steamroll through most any deck since the resources spent to combat our Red-Eyes beaters far exceeds those needed to summon the beaters to begin with.