|Card Trader Expense|
Gives 1 more card in each player's starting hand.
Can be used in your Main Phase, starting from the fifth turn. Upon activation, reduces your LP to 100 and discards 2 cards from your hand. You roll a die and draw that number of cards. This skill can only be used once per Duel.
Begins Duel with the Field Spell Mountain activated.
Can be used after starting hand is distributed. Shuffle all the cards from your hand into the Deck. Then draw the starting hand again.
- The strength of this deck lies in the ability to Special Summon Red-Eyes B. Dragon quickly from the hand or the graveyard, through the use of Red-Eyes Spirit, Black Dragon's Chick, and Tribute Doll. This allows the deck to play highly aggressively.
- The deck is also highly synergistic, with Red-Eyes being searchable with Blue Dragon Summoner, able to be discarded with Vanguard of the Dragon OR with Last Gamble, and Special Summoned by Red-Eyes Spirit or by the effect of Black Dragon's Chick. This synergism allows the deck to play quite consistently.
- Vanguard of the Dragon becomes 2000 ATK after a single discard, or 2200 ATK in Peak Performance variants, which allows it to destroy most monsters in battle without needing Spell/Trap card support.
- If your opponent is able to destroy Red-Eyes B. Dragon, you can use Red-Eyes Spirit to revive it.
- While the deck is highly aggressive, there is a a strong control aspect in the deck due to the presence of Champion's Vigilance, which allows you to prevent your opponent from stabilizing or establishing a threat on the board.
- Enemy Controller allows you to manipulate your opponent's side of the field, and also lets you tribute Blue Dragon Summoner to search for Red-Eyes B. Dragon.
- Stamping Destruction allows for targeted Spell/Trap removal, while also inflicting burn damage to the opponent.
- Peak Performance is not strictly necessary to the success of the deck, due to Vanguard of the Dragon being able to increase its own ATK. This means that your opponent may waste removal on your field spell while leaving your backrow unopposed.
- The deck can use Stamping Destruction to destroy Harpie's Hunting Ground, and can chain Enemy Controller and Red-Eyes Spirit to the activation of Harpie's Hunting Ground or other Spell/Trap removal, which helps the matchup against Harpie decks.
- Outside of Vanguard of the Dragon, all of your monsters have low ATK, with Red-Eyes B. Dragon having relatively low ATK for a boss monster. This means that the deck heavily invests in Vanguard of the Dragon for field presence.
- Order to Charge, which is played in many common decks, can destroy Vanguard of the Dragon and prevent you from discarding Red-Eyes B. Dragon.
- The deck relies on Champion's Vigilance for negation. If you are unable to summon Red-Eyes B. Dragon, then you are unable to negate the summon or activation of your opponent's cards.
- Because of the limited amount of removal, the deck struggles against dedicated control decks such as Weevil Burn if you are unable to win the game quickly.
This deck functions similarly to the Kaibaman deck, with the exception of using the Red-Eyes engine, which is arguably more synergistic. The goal of this deck is to burst the opponent down by using Red-Eyes B. Dragon, Vanguard of the Dragon, and Stamping Destruction to clear the opponent's field and kill the opponent as quickly as possible.
The main variants of this deck are Peak Performance, which increases the ATK of your Dragon-type monsters by 200 points, allowing you to push for more damage or give you a more favorable advantage in battle, Restart/Duel Standby, both of which allow you to assemble your combo pieces more efficiently, and Last Gamble, which gives you the opportunity to score a large push near the end of the game.
It should be noted that, when playing a Last Gamble variant of the deck, the provided deck build may be insufficient to secure the victory in the losing position. To supplement this variant of the deck, it is recommended to use Storm and Wild Tornado, which will allow you to clear the opponent's side of the field.