|Card Trader Expense|
- Extremely flexible, many variations can be created and tons of cards can be swapped out depending on your play style and the cards you have access to.
- Swarming capability, Hammer Shark allows you to swarm the board and quickly gain board control.
- High beaters with Star Boy ( Hammer can be 2400 ATK with Starboy and Umi).
- The deck is pretty budget friendly with most cards replaceable with cheaper alternatives.
- Lost Blue breaker is a free Twister with comboed with Hammer Shark, it can either be used to remove back row, or used offensively if an E-Con is set.
- Good monster removal.
- Very strong against Toon Decks.
- Relies on the field spell for maximum effectiveness.
- Relies on Hammer Shark for play making. If all 3 die, the deck will can crumble.
- Bad match ups against GraveKeepers and 3 Star Demotion unless you get good backrow. (Ideal Back row would be a combination of E-Con and Mirror Wall).
Mako was the highlight of the competitive seen in the early months of Duel Links with the Daedalus variant, but counters have been introduced and Daedalus lost his consistency, retiring Mako. With the Addition of Hammer Shark, Mako is slowly recovering from his fall and many variations are coming through. Hammer Shark has allowed decks to swarm the board and take control as fast as possible with monster presence and being able to defend them with backrow. With combos like Hammer Shark+Lost Blue Breaker, you can easily set up a strong opening allowing you to remove a field spell like HHG and gaining the stat advantage with monsters.