|Card Trader Expense|
The Paradox Brothers event was a blessing in disguise; in addition to fresh, game-changing skills, the event also gave us an unexpected gem in the form of Dimension Gate. Ignoring its huge impact in the PvP meta, this card allows us to farm Kaiba with even more consistency and for less wallet pain than with Golden Apples.
Like the skill implies, we will be hiding behind the 3000 DEF of Labyrinth Wall, stats that even BEWD can't break. As always, the two cards to watch out for are D.D. Warrior and Enemy Controller. D.D. will ram into Lab and banish it, while E-Con will always be used to switch Lab to its 0 ATK mode, both of which spell disaster for the farm.
Ironically, our goal is to beat Kaiba to the punch and banish Labyrinth Wall before he can, using Dimension Gate to send it away to a land far from Enemy Controllers' reach. Once this has been accomplished, the farm is secure and Kaiba has no way to kill us. All that's left is to follow these tips to attain the highest assessment score possible!
- Important note: The AI has recently been changed such that Kaiba will attack a face-down monster on your 2nd to last turn, even if you have Set backrow. Knowing this, save an open Spell slot to activate Dimensionhole after setting Vassal face-down on your 2nd to last turn
- If against just Labyrinth Wall, Kaiba will pass every turn unless he has an E-Con or a D.D. Warrior
- E-Con has been always used to change the position of Labyrinth Wall
- D.D. Warriors have always tried to attack Lab Wall (3000 DEF doesn't discourage an attack)
- If Vassal is summoned during the 2nd to last turn, and if you have at least 1 Set card in your Spell/Trap zone, Kaiba will not attack it
- If Lab Wall is banished via Dimension Gate, the game is won (provided no misplays leading up to the Win Combo)
- If you have 1 face-up monster on the field while activating Storm, Kaiba will activate all his E-Cons
We Need to Build a Wall
The key behind this deck is the flexibility of the skill, Labyrinth Builder. Any two cards can be shuffled back into the deck to summon Lab, which greatly increases our success rates. Thus, the only remaining piece for a guaranteed win is Dimension Gate. Between 3 copies of D Gate itself and 2 Cats of Ill Omen, the odds of starting with 1 of those 5 is very high (feel free to test with the Draw Simulator!)
Note: Do not summon Labyrinth Wall unless you have D Gate ready; Kaiba has a 51-60% chance of starting with a D.D. Warrior and won't hesitate to attack.
With a Dimension Gate in hand, summon Labyrinth Wall and Set the D Gate. Activate Gate the first chance you get by setting your Activation Toggle to ON.
Since we're required to shuffle 2 cards back into our deck, we'll need draw power to make sure we deck out first. To this end, we run 2 Jars of Greed and 3 Crystal Seers, the latter providing even more emergency fodder in the rare event our opening hand lacks D Gate or Cat. Jar is preferred over Shard of Greed for two reasons: it provides more immediate draw power and is not susceptible to Twister.
Win Combo Prep
The decklist above has 7 cards designated as "Essential", and must be saved in the hand until the last or 2nd to last turn. These are:
- 2 Union Attacks
- Serket & Temple
- Secret Pass
- Lucky Iron Axe
Since our max hand capacity is 6 by standard means, Hieroglyph Lithograph is run to prevent hand clutter.
In the time between banishing Lab Wall and your 2nd to last turn, use any spare Cats or Crystal Seers and ram into Kaiba's monsters to lower your LP below 2000. Lithograph will then lower your LP below 1000 for the extra Low LP bonus.
During the 2nd to last turn, we should have on the field a:
- Face-up Dimension Gate
- Face-down disposable Trap, usually a spare D Gate
- Face-down Storm
- Face-down Field Spell (Kaiba will Twister this if it's face-up)
With the above backline setup, proceed to Set Vassal face-down.
Important Note: AI has now been changed so that Kaiba will attack any face-down monsters, even before your last turn and if protected by set backrow. Compensate by using Dimensionhole right after you set Vassal.
On your last turn:
- Activate Storm to wipe Kaiba's entire backline
- Activate your face-up D Gate and re-summon Lab Wall
- Flip Vassal face-up
- Buff it with Secret Pass to the Treasures
- Use the 2 Union Attacks
- Play Temple of the Kings
- Tribute Summon Serket using Lab Wall
- Activate Temple's effect, summon BEUD
- Equip BEUD with Lucky Iron Axe
- Attack directly
This deck achieves 7700 points without Low LP and with 0 glossies / prismatics. By using Cats / Seers in conjunction with Lithograph, dipping below 1000 LP should not be an issue.
Huge thanks to Mereum90 for the original ideas!