|Card Trader Expense|
- Very easy access to non-specific Spell/Trap removal. Face up, face down, field spells, no spell/trap is safe from Harpies Hunting Ground.
- Consistent with access to 3x copies of Harpie Ladies, numerous 1800+ beaters, and Birdface in order to search out Ladies.
- The deck can use Order to Charge to deal with any big threats that can't be beaten down.
- Access to Elegant Egotist + Harpie Lady Sisters. The two card combo of a Harpie Lady + Egotist is devastating, destroying two spell/traps and giving the Harpie player a free 2150 beater.
- Very reliant on the field spell, if Hunting Grounds is destroyed early in the duel, the Harpie player is in for a rough duel.
- The deck has a very linear playstyle and is extremely popular on the ranked ladder. As such, many players know how to counter the deck or include specific anti-Harpie techs such as Security Orb and Wild Tornado.
- Weak to decks that either set little backrow (forcing Harpie players to destroy their own field spell) or that use Storm to clear Harpie's backrow. Without their spell/trap support the deck is vulnerable to simply being overrun by higher attack monsters.
- Has a poor matchup against Weevil with Burning Land. Without their field spell, they have few ways of removing Masks or breaking through walls like Cocoon.
With the release of Wonders of the Sky, Harpies gained some much needed support. The addition of Birdface and Sonic Duck were enough to push this deck from a decent option to top tier threat overnight. The lack of generic spell and trap destruction in the game gives this deck a unique advantage: it can answer spells and traps without having to play Twister/De-Spell while also having access to numerous 1800+ attack normal summons. The hardest part about building this deck is getting the ‘Harpies’ Hunting Ground’ Skill on Mai.